Humming House Friends and Family,
We are putting together a music video for our new song "Companion" and we want you to be in it!
We'd love to include our friends and fans' home videos and special life moments in this music video. Please send us video clips of you and your significant other living life together, from the most mundane to the most momentous of moments. These videos can be pre-existing clips or feel free to film new ones specifically for the project. Emphasis on FUN!
Examples of clip ideas we'd love include of you and your companion:
Existing memorable moments: birthdays, weddings, proposals, anniversaries, first dates, and vacations.
Enjoying life together: Washing the dog... or cat.... or peacock...going on a walk, cooking dinner, dancing in the kitchen, home projects, hiking, biking, parties, going out on the town, road trips, snow angels, and quirky fun times.
1. We'd like video clips to be filmed with a smart phone. Landscape orientation is HIGHLY encouraged.
2. Full color clips are preferred.
3. We'll only be able to include a few seconds of each video. If possible, please trim the clip down and let us know which portion of the clip you'd like to include.
4. No nudity please!
Technical Delivery (it's easier than it sounds, we promise):
1. Please send your video clips via We Transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Import video from your smartphone to your computer.
- Open web browser and go to https://wetransfer.com
- Click 'I agree' button.
- Click 'Add Your Files' button and select video file OR drag video file to 'Add Your Files' area.
- Next, add your signed waiver form (link below) by clicking 'Add Your Files' button again and selecting the signed PDF or jpeg.
- In 'Message' section type "Companion Video Submission + YOUR NAME."
- In 'Email to' section type email@example.com
- When video has loaded, click 'Transfer' button.
2. Each video MUST include a signed waiver form to be considered. Please sign this waiver and include it with your We Transfer submission: http://bit.ly/HHCWaiver Your video will not be included if you do not email us your signed waiver form.
Boring but essential legal disclaimer:
Humming House reserves the right to select the final videos that will be included in the music video. We cannot guarantee that your clip will be in the video. We'll do our best to include as many as possible, however due to technical and thematic limitations we will not be able to include everyone. There will be no financial compensation for video clips.
Each selected video will MUST include a signed waiver, which you can find here: http://bit.ly/HHCWaiver
If you have any questions, let us know!
Humming House Friends and Family,
We've partnered with Applauze to start offering exclusive, VIP ticketing perks at select venues this fall. In some markets, this will include a new, exclusive screen print. In others, VIPs will get a full artist meet-and-great, early venue access, an intimate acoustic performance from the band, and other exclusive merchandise!
You can buy upgrades, when available, from the tour widget here (just to the right of this text!) or via Applauze.
A couple of years ago, we worked on a collaborative cover track with Jill Andrews and Sam Bush. The three of us were working with the same booking agent at the time, and decided to work up his favorite song -- Maybe I'm Amazed, by Sir Paul McCartney himself -- as a wedding gift to him.
Today, we've decided to release that track to the public! Read (and hear) all about it in this brilliant write-up in the Huffington Post.
In case you missed it in the banner at the top, check out our new video and our illustrious, non-professional-acting doggos here.
We're hitting the road this spring heading through the midwest up to the northeast. Tickets are on sale now on the right hand side of the website! We'll be adding more dates soon so keep checking back. See you on the road!